Every natal chart would be equipped with certain Yogas, good or bad. You will not find a natal chart with out Yogas. I am giving below some important Yogas for the purpose of predictions.
A dhana yoga is formed when any two lords of the following houses are in conjunction ( association) with each other or in mutual aspect from each other.
Houses 1,2,4, 5, 9,10,11
It must be noted that when lords of any two houses mentioned above are situated together or in mutual aspect, it leads to a dhana Yoga. But it must also be noted that they should be situated in a good house such as 1,2,4,5,7, 9,10,11 houses to produce very good results . If they are situated in any bad house, such as 6,8,12 or even 3 which is partly bad, the dhana yoga results would not come to the native fully.
I explained that when they are in mutual aspect also, it leads to a dhana yoga. But it should not be forgotten that these mutual aspects must be from two good houses. In case these aspects are formed from 6th and 12th houses, then also it should be called a yoga but it gets afflicted and does not produce good results.
You must also remember that any Yoga for that matter would give its results if it is without any kind of affliction only. This is a fundamental principle you must remember always.
Like dhana Yogas, a horoscope may contain daridra yogas too. I am giving below some combinations for this yoga. Association of any two lords of the following houses, a lord from the first set of houses and another one from the second set of houses would lead to daridra yoga. Also, mutual aspect of any two lords of the houses mentioned below, one from each set, would lead to such a yoga.
1,2,4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11( first set )
3, 6, 12 (second set)
For example, association or mutual aspect of 2nd and 12th lords leads to such a yoga in the horoscope. For this, the combination must be made with one of the lords coming from the first set and the other from the second set. Association of any two lords from the same set would not lead to daridra yoga. This yoga operates irrespective of the house in which they are situated and also irrespective of the houses from which they are in mutual aspect.
This Yoga results in financial problems to the native sending him into debt trap and other troubles. These results would take place during the sub or sub-sub periods of planets involved in the yoga.
Note: Involvement of the lord of the 8th house is not mentioned in the classical texts. Because of this, I have not mentioned it here but it is a point to be ascertained by individual astrologers and find out whether the involvement of the 8th lord would also lead to daridra yoga. One has to see the practical results to find out this point. But in my view, association or mutual aspect of 2nd (or lord of any other good house mentioned in the first set) and 8th lords too daridra yoga. But I request you to ascertain it yourself.
Rasi Parivarthana Yoga
This is a very powerful yoga. It can be either good or bad. This is formed in the natal chart when two lords of the different houses are in mutual exchange. For example, for Aries lagna, Moon as 4th house lord is in 5th house, and Sun as 5th house lord is in 4th house, this becomes Rasi Parivarthana Yoga. Because the involved two houses are good ones, this becomes a very good Rasi Parivarthana Yoga. During the combined periods of these two lords that is Sun and Moon, the native enjoys very good position, name and fame. It may happen during Moon sub period in the main period of Sun or vice versa. It may also happen during sub-sub period of Moon in the sub period of Sun or vice versa.
If the exchange is between a good house lord (1,2, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11) and a bad house lord (3, 6, 8, 12) , it gives rise to a very bad yoga known as Dainya Yoga. During the combined periods of planets involved in this yoga, the native suffers very badly due to several problems. For example, 6th house lord in 2nd house and 2nd house lord in 6th house. Certainly, this is not a good yoga in a horoscope.
Vipareet Raja Yoga
It is also the same as above but the involved houses would be from two bad houses. For example, sixth lord is in 12th house and 12th lord is in 6th house. This leads to a powerful Vipareet Raja Yoga and during the combined periods of these two lords, the native would suddenly experience some highly good results.
Pancha Mahapursha Yogas
This is a very good yoga and the most desired one in natal chart. It is limited to five planets Mars, Mercury, Jupiter, Venus and Saturn. Sun and Moon are not covered under this yoga. If a planet is in own sign or exalted and in Kendra from Moon or ascendant, this leads to Pancha Maha Purusha Yoga.
If it is Mars, it is known as Ruchaka Yoga. If it is Mercury, it is known as Bhadra Yoga. If it is Jupiter, it is known as Hamsa Yoga. If it is Venus, it is known as Malavya Yoga and if it is Saturn, it is known as Sasa yoga.
These are very good Yogas and during the main and sub periods of the concerned planet involved, the native experiences very good results based on the general characteristics of the particular planet.
These yogas give general indications too for the native. For example, if Mars is in own sign in Kendra in 4th house in Scorpio for the Leo ascendant, it leads to Pancha Maha Pursusha Ruchaka Yoga. Mars is Yoga karaka planet for this lagna and again it is causing Ruchaka Yoga too. So it gives amazingly good results during its periods. But it also generally indicates that the native is a highly courageous person brimming with exceptional courage and confidence throughout his / her life. The reason is that Mars represents courage and confidence. From this, you can easily conclude that the native does not worry for each and every thing in life like others and he / she has the ability to tackle things very easily in the right earnest.
Neechabhanga Raja Yoga
When a planet is in debilitation, sometimes the debilitation gets cancelled. The following planetary positions cancel the debilitation.
1. When the debilitated planet is in Kendra from the lagna or Moon. For example, Mars is in debilitation in Cancer. If the sign Cancer becomes any of the 4, 7 and 10 houses either from Lagna or Moon, the debilitation gets cancelled.
2. When the lord of the sign containing a debilitated planet and the lord of the exaltation sign of the debilitated planet are in mutual kendras, the debilitation gets cancelled. For example, Mars is in debilitation in Cancer. Its lord is Moon. The exaltation sign of Mars is Capricorn and its lord is Saturn. These two planets should be in kendras form each other. In such circumstances, the debilitation gets cancelled.
3. When the planet in debilitation receives the aspect of the lord of the exaltation sign of the planet in debilitation. For example, Mars is in debilitation. The lord of its exaltation sign is Saturn. So, if Saturn aspects Mars, Mars debilitation is cancelled.
4. The planet that gets exalted in the debilitation sign of the debilitated planet is in Kendra from lagna or Moon. For example, Mars is in debilitation in Cancer. Jupiter generally gets exalted in this sign only. If Jupiter is in Kendra from Lagna or Moon, Mars debilitation is cancelled
5. The lord of the exaltation sign of the planet in debilitation is in Kendra from Lagna or Moon. For example, Mars is in debilitation. The lord of its exaltation sign is Saturn. If Saturn is in Kendra from Lagna or Moon, Mars debilitation is cancelled.
About Neechabhanga Raja Yoga
This yoga denotes the strength of the planet. When a planet is in debilitation, it indicates its weakness. When the debilitation is cancelled, it indicates its strength. That means its weakness is cancelled. This yoga gives sudden good results to the native. Like any other yoga, this yoga also gives the results during its periods, sub or sub-sub.
Raja Yoga should not necessarily make one a King. If this yoga is present in one’s chart, one gets good results in his activity / profession during its periods, sub or sub-sub. The following are some of the Raja Yogas that would bring name and fame to the native during Raja Yoga periods.
1. 3 or more planets should be in exaltation or in their own houses and must be in Kendras ( 4, 7, 10).
2. When a planet is in debilitation but also in retrogression. ( For complete retrogression details, please visit my site www.numeroastro.com and look for the retrogression details on the main page, copy it and take out a print out . It will be a very good lesson for you.
3. When three planets get directional strength. You must know the full meaning of directional strength. Except Rahu and Ketu, all the remaining planets get directional strength
Sun and Mars get this strength in 10th house, Venus and Moon in 4th house, Jupiter and Mercury in 1st house and Saturn in 7th house. Out of these seven planets, three should be in houses where they get the directional strength. Then you can say a Raja Yoga is present in the horoscope.
4. When Moon is in 4, 7 or 10th houses and Jupiter is aspecting it, it leads to a Raja Yoga.
5. Among the lords of 2nd, 9th and 11th houses, at least one planet should be in Kendra from Moon and Jupiter must be the lord of 2nd or 5th or 11th houses. This position arises only if the lagna is Taurus, Leo, Scorpio or Aquarius. In other lagans it is not possible.
6. 9th lord in 9th house.
7. 10th lord in 10th house
8. 9th lord in 10th or 10th lord in 9th house
9. Lords of 9th and 10th together in 9th house or 10th house.
10. 5th lord in 5th house
11. 7th lord in 7th house
12. 6th lord in 6th house
This yoga is a very good one. It gives very good prosperity to the native. If the birth time is during day time (Sun rise to sun set) and lagna, Sun and Moon fall in odd signs, this yoga is formed.
If the birth time during night time (sunset to sunrise), and Lagna, sun and moon are all in even signs, then also this yoga is formed. It also indicates general prosperity to the native.
Lagnadi yoga and chandradi yoga
This is also good yoga. When planets are situated in 6, 7 and 8th houses from lagna, it is known as lagnadi yoga . When planets are situated in 6, 7and 8th houses from Moon, it is known as Chandradi yoga. Several astrology books say the natural benefic planets, and not natural malefic planets , should be sitting in these houses.
Gaja Kesari Yoga
When Jupiter is in Kendra from Moon, this yoga is formed. It is a very powerful yoga. It gives very good prosperity, name and fame to the native.
When planets ( except Sun, Rahu and Ketu) are in second house to moon, it is formed. It is a very good one. Both benefic and malefic planets give good results.
When planets (except Sun, Rahu and Ketu) are in 12th house to moon, it is formed. It is a very good one. Benefic planets only give good results. Malefic planets give bad results.
When planets (except Sun, Rahu and Ketu) are in second and 12th houses to moon, it is formed. It is a very good one. Depending on their nature, they give results.
This is not good one. If there are no planets on either side of Moon, this is formed. If this yoga is there in the chart, it destroys all other good yogas. But this is cancelled if Moon is in own house or Moon is in Kendra from lagna or if any planet is situated in Kendra from Moon.
There are some more yogas of less importance. Kindly refer to page190 in learn astrology book.
Next lesson will be about benefics and malefics for all lagans. After that you will learn how to predict