Before you proceed further to know of the lessons of predictive part, you must know all about Rahu and Ketu. Students must know how these two shadowy planets would give their results.
You already know that these two planets do not own any houses. These planets also have 5th , 7th and 9th aspects. You should never forget these aspects and in case you do not count these things, predictions will go wrong.
The rules for Rahu and Ketu are as follows.
1. Rahu and ketu would give the results of planets with which they are associated.
2. They give the results of planets aspected by them.
3. They give the results of planets owing the houses in which they are situated.
This means that if Rahu is situated in a house with Venus, it gives the results of Venus. You have to understand that if Venus is the lord of 10th house, Rahu also gives the results of 10th house like Venus.
If Jupiter as 9th lord is aspecting Rahu, Rahu also gives the results of 9th house. If there is no aspect of any planet on Rahu and if no planet is associated with Rahu, then it gives the results of the lord of the house in which it is situated.
The above rules operate in order of priority and when in case of three influences, Rahu gives the results of the planet having strongest influence on it.
Other predictive rules for Rahu /
1.Rahu / Ketu is good generally in houses, 2,11, 5 and 9. It means they generally give good but sudden results in such a situation.
2. If Rahu or Ketu is in a Kona House, say 5th or 9th and in conjunction with or aspected by a Maraka planet , the shadowy planets may give death during their sub / sub-sub periods if the native is running a death period. In such a case, the lords of those houses however produce good results according to experts.
3. If Rahu or Ketu is in Maraka house, say 2nd or 7th and in conjunction with or aspected by Maraka planet, such a shadowy planet inflicts death if the native is running a death period.
4. If Rahu or Ketu is in a Maraka house, say 2nd or 7th and in conjunction with or aspected by Kona lords, say lord of 5th or 9th, such a shadowy planet gives good results increasing one’s wealth and prosperity.
5. If Rahu or Ketu is in evil houses, say 6th, 8th or 12th and in conjunction with or aspected by Kona lords, the shadowy planets would not give beneficial results. On the contrary, the aspecting or associating Kona lord gives the beneficial results during its sub period. But during the sub periods of the lords of such houses, the native may suffer from accidents, injuries, diseases and other troubles.
6. If Rahu or Ketu is in other houses and in conjunction with Yoga karaka or benefic planets, the shadowy planets would give good results during their sub periods.
7.There is a theory that if Rahu is in Virgo, Scorpio or Pisces in the natal chart, the native may gain good prosperity, name and fame and comforts during the Rahu period. But it must be noted that all those comforts and prosperity may disappear with the ending of the Rahu period. In my experience, it was proved right in two cases.
8. Ketu gives liberation to the native if it is in 12th house.
9. If a planet is in its own house, it should be called a planet in dignity. If the planet in dignity is a natural benefic and Ketu is in conjunction with it, it would boost up the quality of such a planet by thousands of times. For example, if Venus is in its own sign in Taurus in fifth house for the ascendant of Capricorn, it becomes a planet in dignity. For this lagna, Venus is yogakaraka planet and gives very good results. In such a case, if Ketu is in association with Venus, it would boost up the quality of Venus thousands of times. The native can expect excellent beneficial results during the Venus sub periods. In such a case, Ketu also gives good but sudden results to the native during its sub period. This was also proved in practice.
Take another example. For the same lagna, if Mercury and Ketu are in sixth house, Mercury, though a planet in dignity is bad as sixth lord and Ketu’s presence would boost up its quality as a bad planet. This difference should not be forgotten at any point of time.
10. Rahu and Ketu are shadowy planets in retrogression always. Find out if a planet is retrogression in the horoscope. In such a case, during the combined periods of Rahu or ketu and such retrograde planet, one being the main and the other sub or vice versa, or one being the sub and the other sub-sub or vice versa, the native may regain things lost in the past, if any.